A Devon Ranger ticket is a Rover ticket that allows passengers unlimited off peak travel throughout Devon.
Tickets can be purchased from manned ticket offices, or on the train if no ticket purchasing facilities are available OR the self service ticket machine does not provide the option to buy a Rover/Ranger.
Time restrictions Edit
The Devon Ranger is valid from 09.00 Monday - Friday, and any time on weekends or Bank Holidays. it is also valid on:
- 05.50 Exeter St David's - Barnstaple
- 06.42 Axminster - Exeter St David's
- 06.50 Exeter St David's - Barnstaple
- 08.00 Exeter St David's - Axminster
- 08.26 Exeter St David's - Honition
- 08.43 Barnstaple - Exmouth
The Devon Evening Ranger is valid after 18.00 every day, and also:
- 17.24 Gunnislake - Plymouth (Monday - Friday)
- 17.30 Gunnislake - Plymouth (Saturday)
Both tickets are valid for 1 day only (ie until 04.29 the day after purchase).
Participating Train companies Edit
Crosscountry, GWR, South West Trains
Ticket boundaries Edit
Valid for travel between Gunnislake (and all Tamar Valley line stations to Plymouth), St Budeaux Ferry Road, Tiverton Parkway, Barnstaple, Paignton, Exmouth and Axminster.
Devon Ranger: Adult £10, Child (under 16) £5
Devon Evening Ranger: Adult £5, child (under 16) £3.50
Railcard discounts (except Friends and Family) give 1/3 off. IE. Devon Ranger Adult £6.60, Devon Evening Ranger £3.30.*
*Two Together Railcards are only valid after 09.30 Monday - Friday, excluding Bank Holidays.